Becoming a Union member is the best way to better your life and your family's future.
Contact the Organizing Department at 800-522-0456 ext. 1362
Unions are workers helping workers to:
- Improve wages, benefits and working conditions;
- Have an independent voice at work;
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Union members earn substantially more than comparable nonunion workers. The small amount you pay in membership brings large rewards not just in your paycheck but also in your benefits and working conditions.
The UFCW strongly believes that workers should have a voice on their jobs. The only way to achieve a true voice in your workplace is to have a Union contract.
Unions negotiate for:
- Wage increases;
- Safe conditions on the job;
- Employer-paid health insurance including vision, dental and prescription drugs;
- Reasonable workload requirements;
- Job security and seniority rights;
- Paid holidays and vacations;
- Protection from unfair treatment and favoritism by the boss.
- The U.S. government says you have the right to join a Union or help organize a Union where your work. The more workers join together to fight for their rights, the more management listens to what you have to say.
- Only Union members can participate in negotiations and vote on Union contracts. The more you and your co-workers are involved, the more everyone gains!